Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wedding Cake

I decided that I did not trust the top tier of our wedding cake to still be good on our one year anniversary. 

So I did something that I always make fun of other people for doing and celebrated a one month anniversary. Let me be clear, I think "month" anniversaries are silly. I will only celebrate them in the form of years. It is too hard to remember every month and becomes overkill. We did it for the cake. 

And let me tell you, it was a good decision. Laura Dougherty made our cake, and she is spectacular. Not only are her cakes beautiful, but she does not let the taste quality suffer for aesthetic value. She somehow manages to make them both delicious and pretty!!! 

This is the cake in all of its glory.  



And here is what we had for our "one month" anniversary. 


Waiting an entire year for this is overrated. 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Maher and I did the same thing! I think it was the best decision. Too much chocolate goodness to wait a whole year!

Unknown said...

You are so sweet Jamie! Thank you for the compliment-I'm honored. Now let's eat cake!!!!