Monday, July 20, 2009

Official

Well, I am now an official Houstonian. No, I haven't changed my drivers license yet. I am sure I will get around to that someday. Even better. I have a library card! 

In Kaufman, obtaining a library card doesn't take an act of congress. On the contrary; one goes to the library, states an address, receives a card. 

In Houston, it is a horse of a different color. It took three tries before I got mine. My drivers license was not enough because it didn't state my new address. Try two: my lease agreement was not enough because it was "vague." What does that even mean? Third time was charmed by providing an official piece of mail from the county clerk's office in Kaufman to my Houston address with my marriage certificate enclosed. Hallelujah. 

The good news is that the library next to me is beautiful!









Also, there is this little cafe/bakery that connects to the library with an amazing brick covered patio. I am looking forward to a good lunch on that patio while reading a newly obtained library book.



No comments: